Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday And An Hour of What I Want To Do

Yesterday I joined a group which encourages taking an hour a day to do something you really want to do, and mine was going to be practicing piano, since I've felt inspired to play the last few days. But a whole hour of practice is more than I feel I have focus for at the moment, so I decided to split it between piano and cleaning.

I don't really WANT to clean, but at the same time, I want to develop the discipline to keep up with the cleaning around here. For me it's a good way to dedicate some time - piano for fun and cleaning for satisfaction.

So this morning I did a little over a half hour of cleaning. I had to clean up after the cat, who made a few messes in the night. This has me slightly concerned, but I hope it's about having switched her over to canned cat food, and not the medicine she's on. Anyway, that took a good ten minutes since she also threw up yesterday and that had to go. After that I cleaned her box and swept the area around it. Then I put away the dishes and did the ones that I'd left soaking overnight, plus a couple of cat food cans. :) I swept the kitchen floor and got the garbage ready to take out. And I recycled a postcard. I feel like I've accomplished so much, and really like that this is part of my hour. And I still have time to practice piano before going to work!

Results: Today is free bagel day at the gym, so I went to get a bagel and coffee - the coffee was what I really wanted! Kitty woke me up at 5:30 and I was very tired when I finally got up. I also figured out that as long as I don't close the page that my workshop replay is on, I can keep watching it past the deadline :) So I put it on to listen while I cleaned. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment