Sunday, June 19, 2011

Saturday

On Saturday I avoided this all day. My clutter brain was running around shouting for security to stop the decluttering. I am sure it and my cave brain are cousins. I could hear them colluding against my higher intentions :) So I let them have their fun, then went to get ice cream and got on the decluttering.

First I cleaned out a binder of masters for a business I'm no longer actively doing. Many of these were obsolete, so I recycled 44 pages and eight brochures. I also took all the empty sheet protectors out of the binder to make room. Then I went through some drawers to dig out all the old looseleaf journaling pages I had in them, put them in chronological order, and put them in the binder. I have been wanting to do something with them for a long time. There are still a couple of years that are in a box somewhere, but this covered several years. The binder went into the bookcase and I was done for the day.

I also deleted 69 emails, and cleaned the catbox and put in litter from the new bag - I called them the other day because this new litter that I tried and loved had suddenly stopped working with the second bag. They told me they were getting a lot of complaints and sent me coupons for a free bag. They also told me where to find the litter in my nabe, and that there are both 7 and 8 lb bags (weird!) and to try the 8 lb since the 7 lb was the problem. I found an 8 lb at one of the local supermarkets, and it seems to be working better again! Yay!

I also - first thing I did actually - scrubbed down the tile in the shower while taking one. And the last thing I did was sort out a load of laundry for the morning.

Results: I think just doing this was a result, given the noise in my mind about it. It didn't feel like a big accomplishment and that also was just noise. I have room in one of my drawers now, so I can hide other clutter if I want, but the more important thing is that I organized these thoughts so I can read them if I want to. Or my kids can read them someday. It's actually huge. It's organizing, which I claim not to be good at. But it wasn't hard, so I might have to reassess my organizing ability.

I know I had another result but it has left my mind...I did get those free cat litter coupons in the mail on Saturday, but that wasn't it. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment