Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday

Today's declutter: So far, all I've done is delete 63 emails. I meant to take a bunch of stuff to shred with me to work but forgot. And since getting home I've been vegging out on the computer, avoiding cleaning, cooking, piano...the only thing I have done is feed the cat. But I think I'm ready to stop being lazy and get on it!

OK. I recycled 149 papers, five brochures, eight envelopes, and a sticky note. Most was real estate related, from teleclass notes to info on deals that fell through. Some banking info too. I have about 50 more pages to shred, of contracts and bank statements. I freed up four file folders and found a bunch of business cards I'd printed when I was actively working on RE investing. Could use them again, you never know.

It didn't feel as rewarding as I thought it would at first - probably because I didn't just chuck the stuff without looking through it a bit. Except I did for the most part - only kept the notes from the one coach who I actually learned from, and didn't look at the others. Still, I feel like I could do so much more.

Results: Last night I FELT my cash flow get faster in a positive direction, after making the decision to chuck some class notes. And today I did get paid, and also found out there may be more work for me going forward. At any rate I got in more than the usual hours today and will be working extra hours next week too!

Also got a call about work for next week :)

I am feeling gypped that I was more excited about chucking this stuff last night than I am now that I've done it. I wonder if that's a defense mechanism to make me stop. If I don't give myself credit for my efforts, maybe I won't be encouraged to continue. Hmm. OK, clutter habits. Thanks for the feedback. I'm now going to give myself some kudos! Good job, Judy (patting myself on the back)! Tomorrow I'll go through some non-real estate class notes! There are plenty of those too!

No comments:

Post a Comment