Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday

Today I put away my vases - culled three to sell or donate - and a bunch of the spices, tea, and baking ingredients. I had to clean them up first as they were grubby. Also cleaned off my cookbooks and am going to put them in the now-doorless cabinet instead of the one next to the stove. I put the blender there instead and will put the thermos and coffee go-cup there too. Did a bunch of dishes - mostly stuff to recycle. And I put away a few more miscellaneous kitchen items. Finally, I deleted 3 emails and cleaned the catbox.

Results: I finally feel that I've turned a corner with the kitchen :) Even cooked some amaranth this evening - a little something from the candida diet. I had a long talk with a friend about what's been going on in our lives. And the virus is under control and I have internet access again, so I got some remote work done.

Forgot that I also got a little work done yesterday for another job.

Tonight there was a beautiful sunset and someone was grilling, and I felt transported back to my childhood in the 70s. The internet is fun, but I'm so glad that I grew up in the years before computers. I have felt so nostalgic for the 70s the last couple days, but only in a happy sense. I loved my childhood in California - it was beautiful there and life was simple. I played outdoors and walked to school, and rode my bike around the neighborhood with my playmates, my neighbors Frank and Kevin. I was a tomboy and loved to play in the mud and pop wheelies and shoot bb guns and ride horses. We had a lot of fun and the scent in the air tonight reminded me of all of it. I feel so lucky and blessed to have had such a wonderful time as a child. :)

It's been a weird couple of days, I spent too much time wasting time and felt restless while doing so. But now I feel good again. I got things done, and I feel the accomplishment, and I've watched a couple of fun movies, and I just feel like whatever was askew the last couple days has been put right again. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment