Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday

Today I finished deroaching that cabinet. I was horrified last night to see a roach crawling on the CLEAN DISHES on top of it, so it had to be done. I think I got them all, but I'm throwing the cabinet doors away so they can't keep house in the hinges (so gross) anymore. The bottom shelf is now going to belong to the cat. She will very likely inhibit the roaches. I'll have to be a bit more careful about cutting up veggies on the top (it's where I keep my cutting board), so that food doesn't end up inside the cabinet, but I'm happy to make the effort if it means being able to keep light on the damn thing so the bugs can't get a foothold.

In any event the cabinet doors are going out on the street. I hope someone will pick them up for salvage, I hate sending stuff like that to a landfill.

I've also re-washed many of the dishes since they were contaminated. Yuck. And I wiped the roach speck out of the silverware drawer - thankfully it was confined to a corner nowhere near the silverware.

The rest of the deroaching happens in my head - I am going to think about how nice a clean, neat apartment will be, instead of constantly ragging on myself for not cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment