Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday

What a great day! What a great WEEK! I have gotten SO MUCH WORK done at my job in the past two days I can't even believe it. It's like my energy and organization level was being held back by working at a job that wasn't right for me, cuz ever since I quit the other job, my energy has been better and I've been getting things done both at work and at home.

And I've been more ORGANIZED! For me, this is a major big deal. Organization is something I've been OK at but only to a point. I can keep it together if someone else sets up a system, for example, but I've never been great at figuring out the system myself. But the past two days I have written lists and done the items on them one by one. I have tackled major piles of old filing stuff and have done it! I am simply amazed at how different I have been this week.

So. I haven't decluttered anything personal today - unless you count the promo postcard given me this morning, which went into the recycle bin at work. I guess I could count it. It never made it into the house, which is good. But whatever. I'll see what I can get done tonight. I was planning on ironing when I got home, but I think the dishes need to be done more. We'll see.

Results: See above! But also:

My just-married co-worker returned to work from her honeymoon today, and brought each of us a favor bag from her wedding! So sweet of her. There were yummy treats AND earrings for the women and cufflinks for the men, which my friend made herself! I think she actually has a jewelry business. Anyway, I was so excited because they are pearl earrings and I didn't have any before! And I didn't put any earrings on this morning, so that was another reason to be happy - I put them on right away. They're very pretty, a nice rich yellowish pearl color.

THEN, I sold my stock at a profit! It could have been as much as $120, but I was a little slow to pull the trigger and then I ended up chasing it down. I got out when it turned back around with $82 profit. It went up from there for awhile so if I'd waited I probably could have made that $120 again, but you know what? It could have kept going down, so I'm happy with my take!

And that's all for now. Except that I'm feeling really good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment