Sunday, July 11, 2010

Saturday/Sunday

Friday additional: I washed the blanket I made for charity - gonna give it to the guy who's collecting them sometime this week!

Saturday: I recycled two newspapers, another old price list, five post-its, and a catalog.

Sunday: So far I have recycled an expired coupon.

Results: I am getting a refund on a personal growth program I bought which was not anything new to me! I just have to send it back. Yay!

I'm also negotiating for a higher pay rate at a job that wants to hire me. I was upfront about what I usually charge and about what I could accept under certain circumstances, and I compromised for a trial period. I did not intend to remain at the compromise rate and so I'm speaking up about it now rather than later. It may mean that I don't continue there, which is a little scary at the moment in terms of cash flow, but I've had misgivings about the job all along, so it may be that it would be best to look for something else. It never pays to do something that doesn't feel right, and this only felt right at the initial interview. Something about it went south after that and it just hasn't set right with me ever since.

And I've reached a point in life where I don't think I should have to compromise on what I want my life to be. It's never failed me that when I let go of something that's not working, something better comes along - I'm working at my dream job two days a week now, because I was fired from a great job gone sour. So I know it will be alright. Maybe not immediately, but soon.

You know, letting a job go is just another level of decluttering.

No comments:

Post a Comment