Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday

But first, more Wednesday: Last night I balanced my checkbook and recycled the envelope and inserts that came with the statement. Also did dishes.

Today: I tried another wipe on the bathroom. I'm not very good at using them, gotta figure it out. Then I cleaned the catbox as best I could - it's gettin' changed tomorrow. Then I threw away the rubber glove I'd been holding on to because...I got a new pair! It was practically impossible to find a pair - everyone has cheapo latex but no one has rubber! The ones I got weren't the same as what I tossed, but they are very sturdy so shouldn't get holes. I've been looking for MONTHS. Sometimes NYC really sucks.

Results: Got more organizing done at work! It's amazing. I'm so stoked that I've gotten all this stuff done. Also got a small check to tide me over till next week (I hope). And I got to go along and watch while the gang went to replace a bad inverter. An inverter changes the solar power current from DC to AC. I had no idea what it looked like or anything - was kind of surprised that it was a box of fuses and motherboards and wires. Kinda like the insides of TVs used to look, but no cathodes that I saw. My grandparents had an appliance store (my uncle still has it), and I used to watch my cousin repair TVs, so that's how I know what they look like inside :)

I also got a ride from my boyfriend down to the part of town where I had to do a bunch of errands, like buying the gloves. I got a tray for my peach basket container garden so I can put it on the fire escape, yay! And I got some groceries for the weekend. Oh, yeah, and I remembered to give him the necklace he bought me for Christmas, which broke the second time I wore it, so he could get it replaced! It was fun riding downtown with him - we talked about stock trades :) I get to watch the market tomorrow and hopefully do a day trade!

Such a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment