Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunday/Monday

Sunday additional: I swept the kitchen and tested my new oven brush with some soft scrub, and took out the garbage. I dumped the flowers and dirt in the lot next door through the gap in the fence. Did the dishes, then sorted the laundry for today. It felt way cleaner in here!

Monday: Did the laundry early-ish, then mixed up some homemade oven cleaner to take another crack at it with the new brush. This worked better, but it still takes a lot of scrubbing and my wrists are very weak. So I heated up the oven and put a bowl of vinegar in to see if it would steam off some of the gunge - works great in the bathtub so I thought it worth a try. Oh, I tried out my new bathroom wipes on my shower and toilet today too! It got really wet so I couldn't use it on the whole bathroom. Next time I'll do better - quickest cleaning EVER! I'm stoked.

And that's as far as I've gotten today. I've got a phone call to make that I really don't want to make and am considering not doing it. It concerns my old job and a comment left on my license for all to see. Since I'm never going to renew that license it would merely be to set the record straight as to the reason I was fired, and I'm wondering if it really matters that much. My friends keep telling me I have to respond to protect my reputation, but I'm thinking that since I really don't want to make the call, it doesn't matter to me. I'm never going to work in the financial world again - I have my dream job now, it totally floats my boat, and I'm not interested in the stress that goes with my license. Or even the stress of commenting on an inaccurate reason for discharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment