Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

I'm finding it a challenge to get anything done this weekend with decluttering and cleaning. Got a couple books out of the library for help and have narrowed down the problem to getting rid of junk and a need for a clutter drawer. Trying to dejunk is overwhelming so I'm just going about it in my haphazard way so something gets done.

One of the books was about organizing the right-brained way. Unfortunately, I don't fit the profile of a right-brained clutterer. This guy's approach is no more helpful to me than the left-brained approach, because I use both sides of my brain equally. So I'm analytical and detail-oriented and really DON'T want to see piles of stuff around the house, but I am also a big-picture person who has trouble breaking down decluttering into small steps that actually amount to something when added up. Basically, I just need someone to come in and do the job for me, then set up a system for me that I can follow.

Too bad I don't use the useful-for-organizing parts of my brain, haha!

Anyway. I started decluttering by recycling 16 newspapers WITHOUT going through them to find articles I might have wanted to save. Then I opened up a drawer and tossed an ancient SPF lip protector that I have never used, and recycled 6 brochures, a handout, and an old price list for health products I buy and sell. Next I'm going to grab a garbage bag and go searching for junk per one of the OTHER books I got from the libe. This one is more about decluttering. I also got one on cleaning, but the clutter is in the way of easy cleaning so that's gotta go first. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment