Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Saturday

Today I did a lot of miscellaneous decluttering and feng shui-ing, in part to get ready for the hurricane, but in part so that I COULD get ready for the hurricane! I put away the laundry from Monday (I've been busy!) and then put away other clothes that had piled up over the week. Also put some shoes away. I took the A/C out of the window just in case, then had to mop up the floor cuz it had already started raining and the A/C poured water all over the floor. I vacuumed the bedroom rug. I filled the tub with hot water and some vinegar so I could clean it and fill it with water in case we don't have any. I did dishes, and also filled a couple of gallon jugs with drinking water.

I taped up the broken window on the outside, and later taped all the windows in case of breakage. I sorted the stuff that needs filing into piles, and recycled four envelopes and inserts in the process. I took out the garbage, and then I did some feng shui clearing of energy.

Results: Forgot to say that last night I found a beautiful lucky bamboo plant on my way home from the store for only $20! I can split this thing up into at least three separate plants, and maybe four. So it was quite a bargain since the single plants are usually $10.

Today I got up early to finish my latest transcription. I got it in just in time and went back to bed for a couple hours. I spoke to my guy around noon. He had tried to call me a couple times yesterday to see if I wanted to bail out of the hurricane and go upstate with him. I had left him a message saying I couldn't have gone though, so by the time he confirmed that he had intended to ask me along, the last train had gone. I was bummed, but it was nice that he was thinking of my safety so that lessened my upset. I did give him hell for not borrowing a phone or emailing me though. Sometimes smart people have no sense - I'm the same way.

Anyway, I've been content to clean and eat and have spent a little time catching up on some audios that I want to work with for releasing resistance/raising my vibration. Also want to get into my real estate program, but right now I'm just enjoying my bread and wine and watching "How I Won the War." Gotta love John Lennon!

Come on, Irene!

No comments:

Post a Comment