Saturday, August 27, 2011

Another Week Gone - Monday

Whew, it was an incredible one! This feng shui stuff I'm doing really works!

I keep forgetting that about a week ago, I think Thursday before last, I took a bookmark down to the lobby.

Monday's declutter: I have this abundance program I'm doing daily and it gives you certain tasks each day. They rotate over the course of several days. So Monday's task was to do something that challenges me no matter how I feel about it. I had been needing to get cleaning done all weekend and various things kept coming up that I chose to do instead. So I made my task doing the dishes and decluttering my couch. Before any of it, though, I decided to do laundry and get the remaining supplies needed for the feng shui cure I wanted to do last week.

The dishes were simple enough, but the couch took about an hour. I took all the books off it and piled them on my newly-cleared dresser in the hall, in library and giveaway and to read piles. I took the stack of newspapers that I want to go through and moved them to a spot near my piles of cooking magazines - still haven't figured out where to put those in the kitchen. Then I vacuumed the couch cover and took it off to put on the fabric one since it is summer and fake fur is hot. I tipped up the couch sections and vacuumed out underneath, and vacuumed the fabric backing where it had come loose. I tacked the fabric back up and dusted along the wall. Finally, I cleaned the floor where the couch legs had scuffed it. The place felt marvelous, so clean!

I also hung up my Grandma's painting finally, in the living room behind my computer. I moved the Monet poster that had been there to hang over the couch. The living room actually looks DONE now.

I didn't want to stop there but the results I got curtailed further action, see below.

Results: Both Saturday and Sunday I had been hoping for transcription work to come in. But I also needed to clean and needed to do a lot of other things that I'm only getting to this weekend. Well, within minutes of my finishing up the couch, I got a BIG transcription job! Almost two hours! Pretty freaking great! I also got a sweet message from my guy telling me thanks for helping him with the lighting choices :) He came over for awhile in the afternoon too, which was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment