Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues

Oh, wow, I didn't realize so many days had gone by! Let's see...

Saturday: I think I recycled a post-it, and I definitely recycled a box and some instructions that came in it. I also gave away a coupon for cat food - left it in the lobby.

Sunday: I don't remember what I decluttered. I spent the day looking at my clogged sinks and wishing the hardware store were open on Sundays so I could get a plunger. I probably recycled some paper or something.

Monday: I recycled two paper bags (after hauling groceries home in them), a box, a newspaper, and a sale postcard. I worked so the sink remained clogged. I did get groceries and cat food, so at least my cat was happy.

Today: Woof. I got so much done today! Finally got to the hardware store and got a plunger. Cost of plunger: $6.51. Having clear drains: Priceless. On the way I did laundry and went to the library for a book I had on hold, and state tax forms. After clearing the drains, I made a bunch of phone calls, using up my month's cell phone minutes and getting into the rollover. This is a declutter, because I want to switch to prepaid and have only three days left to use thousands of rollover minutes. I took out the trash and some dead flowers, went to the gym, returned the Turbo Snake I had bought on Sunday (it didn't work), and bought filters for my water pitcher. Then I made another phone call to get a discount on a product I wanted, and bought that. Finally, I cleaned up some cat barf and did most of the dishes. I am exhausted, but in a good way :)

Results: I started working at my new job yesterday! I already love it. Had a call this morning (before any of this other stuff) about another job, and I am going to meet the guy tomorrow after my other work. I got a package of three water pitcher filters free cuz I had a buy one, get one free coupon and the price was just low enough! It pays to call companies when there is a problem, people - I saved $20! And I got a BUNCH of sales on food at the grocery store yesterday, plus used coupons! Finally, I figured out that it is cheaper to pay interest and penalties on my taxes than to put them on my credit card, so I'm doing that!

My kitty is being the cuddliest boo-boo ever, and I'm just generally feeling good. It's a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment