Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday

Hey, last night I got rid of a few more papers but I don't remember exactly what...

Today's declutter: First, I found that Gevalia offer from 2006 and recycled it. I had already decided to finish up 2009 on Quicken so I could figure out my taxes. So I did that for two or three hours and got a ballpark for the Fed tax number. Now I have to get forms and instructions for the state taxes cuz they aren't sending those to us anymore. They'll send unneeded duplicate payroll forms every year to businesses that use ADP or Paychex, and there's no way to request that they stop, but they won't send individual tax forms anymore. Gotta love the crazy inconsistency of state government. At least it gives you a great idea of how NOT to run things!

Anyway. Once I got that done I started looking for my 2006 tax return so I could make sure I have the correct depreciation on my rental property. And I can't find the Fed return. I have the state return and both Fed and state instructions, but the Fed return is not with them. Sigh. So I started ransacking boxes for the second time this week looking for tax returns - earlier this week I was searching for 2004. I found boxes I hadn't noticed before, so I dug in. Found 2004! And in the process I found a bunch of stuff to shred and recycle. I recycled 15 old annual company reports from stock I once owned, 5 post-its, 6 business cards, and 2 random pieces of paper. And I have three files worth of stuff to shred at work next week.

I also found my complete work history, so now I can apply to Whole Foods again with actual dates, if I want.

I am spending the rest of the night and probably the weekend going through these boxes to get rid of junk I don't need, and then storing the taxes and other old files with proper labeling on the boxes so I can find stuff at a glance. Well, that's the plan anyway. My energy may fail me tomorrow, I don't know. I had some of the new coffee today, and lemme tell ya, I was perky! It's organic Peruvian coffee. Pretty good stuff!

Results: I made $55 today on a trade I initiated Tuesday :) And I got another call about a job! One of these jobs will be the right one!

No comments:

Post a Comment