Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday's Declutter

Today I got another energy surge, though I didn't really recognize it as such. Maybe you could call it a surge of intention or action. I was going to make lasagna, and grabbed the catch-all cookbook where I keep all my handwritten and cut out recipes and took it to the living room so I could look for the recipe while watching TV. I think I took the recipe into the kitchen, and then decided to grab all the loose recipes I had, as well as a box of recipe cards, and reorganize them. I ended up spending several hours putting loose recipes into the book and the box, and moving some of the smaller recipes from the book into the box. I also culled quite a few of them to take down to the lobby - which I forgot to do when I went down there. That'll be tomorrow's declutter! I finally quit a bit ago, as I was just too tired to do anything with the last few newspaper clippings. I need to go through them and see if I really want ALL the pages.

In the interim I made delicious low-carb organic spinach lasagna, and cleaned up the counter these recipes were on (right next to the stove and greasy). I also talked to and emailed a couple people about two more operas I might sing chorus in. I cleaned the catbox awhile ago, and just finished doing the dishes and cleaning up the stove and counter. And I'm not tired! This is very good, cuz that's two days this week that I've felt like getting things done. I usually don't have two days a MONTH where I feel like getting things done! I think now I'll put the laundry away (it wasn't quite dry on Monday so I put it on my drying rack and left it overnight while I worked).

Results: My friend paid me for two workdays in advance, and I got to deposit a nice big check today! Also got to watch a trading class last night and watched stocks today. Not much happened, but I know what to look for. And my guy and I finally got around to unwrapping our Christmas gifts to each other, which was fun :) I love my new necklace and he's going to take me out so I can wear it! It's been a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment