Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Sunday: Last night I soaked my aching feet in hot water and while doing so scrubbed the shower tile after spraying it with enzymes to reduce mold. This is actually a major job because the grout job in my shower is horrific so the tile is difficult to get clean. Grout falls out and there is always mold - even bleach doesn't work. So I scrubbed it and left it for rinsing in the morning.

Today's declutter: I threw a few buckets of water on the shower tiles to rinse them off after last night's scrubbing. I recycled a (finished) crossword puzzle book and a seed packet. I did a load of laundry. And I ironed all but two items, one of which I forgot was there because it took so long to get only halfway done with the other. I'll be steaming that one tomorrow and THEN ironing it. Oh yeah, I cleaned the catbox too.

Results: I took a big nap this morning/afternoon. It is very hot and I have been missing out on sleep of late so the nap was much needed.

I also got an encouraging response to an email I sent regarding a product I tried to return the other day at the farmers' market. Hoping they will give me a refund. I got another positive email regarding instructions for a program I use at work. And I got a good deal on ice cream at a local bodega when the guy quoted me a lower price than the computer said!

Oh, I have been thinking about it, and am almost convinced that it was NOT mouse stuff I cleaned up in the kitchen. The sheer volume of it made it unlikely - it would take about ten mice or a month or more for that to happen. So it was probably the flowers. I had asters or something with small petals and that's likely what it was. WHEW!

This morning I woke from a really wonderful dream of moving toward what I want, and in the early hours of the day, watching the rain clouds clear and feeling the breeze, I felt the certainty of it. It felt so GOOD! I can't wait!

Abraham-Hicks is doing LIVE broadcasts the next two weekends! That's three in a row and I'm seriously thinking about watching both the next ones. They help me stay in a really positive space which is what makes things work better for me, so I think it would be incredible to attend three weekends running. I'm not sure yet, but will probably do at least one more.

Kitty seems to be putting on weight again, after only a few days on medication. Today was the one-week mark. It could also be because I'm only feeding her canned food now. Found out dry is really not good for cats. Am going to switch her to raw eventually since it seems to be the natural diet. She has eaten the mice she's caught, bones and all. She is still bugging me constantly for food, so her appetite hasn't gone away as the vet thought it might. I've gotta take her back in two weeks to check how the meds are working, but I'm encouraged.

Finally, CRIMINAL INTENT IS BACK! I love that show and it's the final season. Happy to have remembered in time to catch most of tonight's!

No comments:

Post a Comment