Saturday, July 2, 2011

Thurs - Fri

Thursday's Declutter: I don't remember what I did Thursday. Might have done dishes or recycled an envelope or two. I did get rid of my bad mood after talking with my guy. I was at work all day and did get a lot of old filing done, which made my workplace feel much better. I like being organized, I'm just not good about getting there.

I might have put my coffee go-cup in its new home Thursday. I also deleted 13 emails at some point in the week.

Friday's Declutter: I finally remembered to take a bunch of refrigerator magnets and a fridge whiteboard down to the lobby. I also did a couple loads of laundry. And I deleted 13 more emails (not the same ones!).

Results: Oh man! I got the email Thursday for the transcription work! So I faxed it all in that night. On Friday they sent me the confirmation of receipt and the link to the scheduler, so as soon as I put in my availability I'll start getting work! I'm a little stumped about how much time to put in and when. They require a minimum of four hours of audio transcribed per week, and that translates into about 16 hours. That means not much free time until I get faster, so I have to really think about when I can do it - hopefully they'll accept weekend availability.

I'm really excited that I got this work, though - it means more money to put toward debt, savings, and fun! Maybe I can even hire a maid and a professional declutterer to help me get to the bottom of the mess!

I also spent the day with my man yesterday - took the laundry to his place. We had a fun time chasing a wild hare he had about making pizza. It was pretty funny because he had none of the ingredients for pizza dough and no pizza pan! We spent all afternoon getting the stuff needed to make pizza - and I had taken one look at the recipe when he first mentioned it and said it would take too long. I was thinking it would take too long for me to get home by 2:00 so I could get some errands done. I never DREAMED it would be 5:00 before I got home AND I wouldn't get any of the pizza! But it was fun to shop and to help him make the dough (I've done a lot of baking in my time), and he told me later it came out great.

Anyway, things seem to be shifting in a positive direction. I'm happy to see it and happy to think about what's next. Today, what's next is more work on the kitchen cleanup!

No comments:

Post a Comment