Sunday, July 10, 2011

Saturday

Saturday's Declutter: I think I recycled an envelope or two from auto-paid bills that I forgot to file. And I took my compost scraps to the farmers' market.

Results: I did another workshop Saturday, and the global chat made me feel so good! I was interrupted twice. First, I finally heard from my guy! He had had some major difficulties this week and felt so angry about it that he felt he would just yell at me if we talked, so that's why he didn't call sooner. I did tell him he can always yell on the phone to me about stuff as long as it's not me he's angry with!

I don't know yet where this leaves meeting the folks. Next weekend might not be possible for him. It has occurred to me that we're both so scared of the commitment that's implicit in this step that we manifested a big obstacle. More and more I see that conflicting desires bring about conflict in one's life.

Then my landlord finally brought the new lease. That was a strange meeting. He basically said he'd give me a good deal if I would never complain about the heat again! What's strange about this is I barely complained about it last year at all. He decided to talk to me about it two years after the time when I was calling him and the city every week. He explained that he basically thinks I'm nuts and ignores me, and I said if he had ever called me back or told me any of this I would not complained as much. But he didn't hear me. Doesn't matter, the situation isn't bad anymore anyway, it's just totally weird that he's griping about it long after the fact. He claims it's just the aggravation that he is trying to avoid, but I think the city must have hit him hard if he's this desperate to stop the complaints. Anyway, I got a good deal out of it, a tiny increase till next year.

Now I just have to focus on what I really want, which is to buy this building from him and fix it up!

Things are looking up - there WAS work available yesterday but I missed it by 20 minutes. So now I sort of know when to be watching my email for rush jobs and will make sure to schedule my time for days I'm free, since I'm not seeing much I can do after work. I'll be seeing an old college friend this week, which will be so fun! And I did some remote bookkeeping work today. Now I'm going to listen to the workshop replay and hear what I missed before!

No comments:

Post a Comment