Friday, July 8, 2011

Tues - Fri

This has been a CRAZY week! I had Monday free but have worked every day since, AND I started doing transcription from home on Tuesday as well. That took a very long time but I think I have figured out why and what to do about it going forward.

As for decluttering, I can't recall if I did anything other than another pile of dishes on Tuesday and/or Wednesday. However, I did pay some bills on Wednesday, and recycled the envelopes and inserts on Thursday. I also paid a bill today, Friday, and recycled the envelope. And I recycled another envelope and a piece of mail today too.

Finally, I shredded 86 papers on Thursday and 44 today.

Results: Man. On the one hand, work is coming in and that's good because my cash needs flow :) On the other hand, I haven't heard from my man in four days despite leaving several messages and an email basically asking if he was dead. He was supposed to take me upstate to meet the folks this weekend or next, and on Monday I asked him to let me know ASAP which it would be so I could schedule my life around it. So I've gone from frustration with the lack of consideration for my time to worry that something really bad has happened.

So today I decided it was probably just him freaking out about the commitment inherent in this, and I was gonna go about my life, schedule my time for transcription, get someone lined up to take care of the cat in the event he calls at the last minute, and be happy regardless of what he's doing. That took care of any lingering frustration. I looked up obituaries and no one in his family was listed, so hopefully there is nothing badly wrong.

Meanwhile, many rush transcription job emails came this week, but I was working on the days they came! I really hope to get work from them on the weekend or on Monday since I'd like to make a little more money on the 15th. On the other hand, I really want to meet the folks too! We'll see what the weekend brings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment