Tuesday, December 7, 2010

More Sunday, and Monday

The last stuff from Sunday: Three mail inserts and two envelopes.

Monday: I shredded 20 pages at work.

Results: Wow, on Monday I wanted to: Buy a book with a 33% off coupon; buy cat food with a 20% off coupon; get a few groceries. I was sure I'd have to make a stop on the way home, using an extra train fare, in order to accomplish the cat food part of these errands. But I checked online for the stores that had these deals, and lo and behold, there was a new, smaller version of Petco in the area I work in, a block away from Whole Foods! So all I had to do was call the bookstore and mini-Petco to find out if they had the items I wanted. They did, and I got all the shopping done in the hour after work, got on the train, and went straight home!

Then today I got a phone call from a friend I haven't talked to in awhile - it was a nice surprise and we might be able to get together tomorrow after work for a bit!

Finally, I just called one of my credit card companies to see about hardship programs. The lady wasn't able to tell me anything, but she did lower my interest rate by 4.25%! That will make a difference to my minimum payment for sure!

Side note about that call: When I got the initial customer service rep, I asked if I could speak to someone in the United States. It's my patriotic duty to support jobs in the US! Anyhow, she said yes and immediately transferred me. So if you are bummed about jobs going overseas, ask to speak to a rep in the US. It may be that the law requires that any US corporation must have some customer service reps in the US, I'm not sure. Whatever the case, you'll be supporting jobs in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment