Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Taxman Cometh

Today's clutter removal: I threw away a big box of broken dishes. One of my friends years ago made picture frames with pieces of broken dishes in grout. So when I broke some pretty dishes, I thought I could do something arty with them. Well. This is the girl that has been working on the same paint-by-number painting for over ten years. So, it seemed like a good stretch for me to toss these dishes (there was also a broken mug that had been a gift). They went in the recycle bin because I'm hoping they qualify as glass. I also left a magnifying mirror in the lobby.

Results: This happened earlier as I was trying to figure out which credit cards to use to pay my taxes. I called Chase to ask them to lower my rate. They did, and they gave me extra rewards points too. I also can get triple rewards for a short time, and with the extra points I can get some cash back to apply to the card balance.

Then I asked about balance transfers and none were available for that card. But the agent said they were available for my other Chase card. I said I knew that, but the credit line was so low it wouldn't help me. Then she said that I could MOVE MY CREDIT LINE from one card to the other!! WHAT? I had never heard this from any Chase rep before. I did it and now can use the 0% checks to pay my taxes without maxing out any cards, which is important if you want a good credit score. So that kinda made my day!

Then when I took those dishes down, what was in the recycle bin but a bunch of bottles to return? That's more free money! I'll take it!

My friend is doing the yard sale again tomorrow, so I'm gonna scrape up some new items and join him for awhile. Maybe I'll make another $8!

No comments:

Post a Comment