Sunday, April 26, 2009

Shakespeare's Birthday (and mine!) - April 23rd

Thursday: I decluttered a zippered plastic pouch. My couch slipcover came in it, and there was no way I'd ever be able to cram it back in. But I figured maybe a neighbor could use it to store stuff, so it went to the lobby.

Results: Thursday was my birthday, and it was such a good day! I was taken out to dinner by a friend the night before and we had a good time. On the day itself, the morning began with an ecard from one friend, and an email from my neighbor and friend telling me she'd left a present on my door! It was a great present, a pretty summer purse filled with Body Shop goodies! At work I was greeted by balloons and a card made by a co-worker who is a very good artist. I was taken to lunch by my bosses, to a French restaurant we had not been to before, and it was delicious.

When I got home, there were four cards in my mailbox - everyone's card arrived on my day! I got two pairs of earrings from my mom and dad - my mom makes jewelry. And I got three calls from siblings, a call from my dad, and a call from a good friend, along with several emails.

It was just the best day!

No comments:

Post a Comment