Sunday, April 5, 2009

North American Declutter Results!

Hey everyone! We had our yard sale today at my neighbor's, and it was a success!

Results: I sold 7 items and made a whopping $8.25, but my neighbor made somewhere around $100! And he bought me lunch because he says I induced him to actually HAVE the yard sale, instead of just thinking about it. In fact, he's so inspired now that he is planning on doing it again next weekend if the weather is nice, and possibly for several more weekends. We even inspired one of his neighbors, who brought a couple of items over and said we could sell them and keep the money.

Another result I got is an unexpected day off tomorrow. I even called someone else I work for to see if she needed me (I do some work as an independent contractor) and she was all caught up!

Finally, I got to spend an entire day sitting around outside in 60 degree weather. That's a NICE result.

After the sale I left 13 books in the lobby, and left a large jewelry case/cabinet for the garbageman (or anyone who beats him to it). My neighbor also decided a lot of stuff would be left for the garbageman.

So, since this project is about inspiring others to declutter as well as decluttering my own life, this weekend's event was a great success, at least in my neighborhood! What about you all? Anyone out there do a sale? Please tell us about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment