Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday, Monday

Well, after yesterday's fun, I was in a mood to toss more than just one item. I threw away a useless video that you had to crank up to hear at all. I also took five books (left from the yard sale) and a tote bag down to the lobby. There was something I wanted to take out, but I forgot what so didn't.

I was going to take a bag of clothes to the thrift store, but I had to do my taxes today and it took awhile. However, I did sort out a bag's worth of stuff to take, and am including a lamp in the donation.

I think this accelerated decluttering will stick with me for a day or two at least. After the sale I was reluctant to bring the stuff back in, so large chunks will be going out as long as the mood lasts. Then it's back to one item a day. That's really all it takes. Just that small effort will eventually conquer the clutter monster.

Oh yeah, a postscript. The boots I was going to toss the other day didn't look quite bad enough, so I left them in the lobby, thinking someone's kid might want some play clothes. I know, it's silly...shoes are hard for me to get rid of for some reason, though I sold two pairs yesterday. It's the throwing away I can't stand. But that is slowly passing as we dig deeper into the mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment