Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wednesday

Today I threw some dead flowers into the empty lot next door, for fertilizer just in case they ever put a garden there :)

Results: My work gave me a card with a little bonus cash in it, yay! And a co-worker gave each of us homemade cookies - they are GOOD! (I brought brownies.) My bosses also bought lunch for the office.

I also was overwhelmed today by the kindness of several strangers. I felt lightheaded at the grocery store, and a worker noticed and got me some water and then a chair. Later he got me ice (works for dizziness if you put in on the back of your neck) and brought a co-worker to stay with me. Even the store manager came out to check if I was alright or needed anything. They were ready to call an ambulance or a friend for me if I needed it. When I felt better, the guy who was staying with me walked me to the last item I needed to buy, and took me to the front of the checkout line so I could get home quicker. They really made my day.

THEN I met another woman at the entrance to the subway who said some kind things to me, which literally brought me to tears of gratitude. I've been feeling so low what with being sick so long and having a few numbers done on me, and these people today, along with one of my sisters and my mom, made me feel so much better just by being kind to me. Kindness goes a long way, people. Never forget how much it can mean to someone.

I also found four pennies today! It's been awhile since I found any change and it was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment