Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day - Happy Holidays!

Today I recycled some miscellaneous pieces of giftwrap. I save the stuff so that's pretty major for me!

I knitted a couple of Christmas gifts for friends, and came home inspired to finish a sweater I'd started some time ago. Only trouble was, I wanted to try a color design I came up with, but the sweater I'd started was done with a cable in the front. So I ripped out the whole thing and am starting over! I don't know if I can do this cuz there's no chart, it's just a drawing at this point, but hey, it's worth a try. I'm knitting the sweater in the round, which is fun cuz there's no seams to sew at the end! The sleeves could be interesting to figure out...but there are experienced knitters at a shop I know, so I can always take my sweater in and ask them their opinions on how best to do it.

Anyway, it was a lovely Christmas with my friends, I got some fun gifts that I'm enjoying, and tomorrow and Sunday I'm going to do 15-minute increments of cleaning and of decluttering and see where that takes me. Hopefully it will inspire me to do additional 15-minute cleaning/decluttering blasts! I actually already started today, when I put away a bunch of clothes that were piled up.

Oh, forgot to mention that I got five cards this week from family/friends, with a check from my parents in one of them! I thought that was pretty great :) Merry merry, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment