Sunday, December 20, 2009

Time Keeps Flying...

Wow, between the show and being sick, I've totally been derailed from the decluttering effort. I am finally well enough to consider myself cured, although there's still a slight cough lingering. Three weeks of being sick is enough - I was beginning to forget what being well felt like.

Anyway. I decluttered yesterday. Had a plastic container lid crack as I tried to remove it, to the point where it's no longer sealing the container. So, lid and container went in the trash (they are #5 plastic and can't be recycled - at least not in NYC).

This week I'm getting back on track to actually get rid of stuff, so my honey and I can have a nice Christmas Eve together. Lots to do, feeling well enough to do it is good!

Oh yeah, the show! It went surprisingly well on Friday night, as up till I got on stage I wasn't sure I'd have a voice. Sunday was much better, though less consistent than Friday. I think it was adrenaline that saved me both times. One of my friends who is an amazing soprano paid me the nicest compliment on Sunday. She said given my handicap I should be very proud of how well I did. She could hear me throughout, and she said my acting was in character the whole time! I was very happy about that and am looking forward to seeing the video and sending scenes to my friends and family. I had eight friends there just to see me, and they all loved it and thought I did great! So it was a success though it would have been better had I been well.

No comments:

Post a Comment