Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday's Results

I got so much done today that I felt it deserved its own post. Excuse me if I'm being indulgent, and remember, you all can be just as indulgent any time you feel like making a comment!

I got up earlier than I've gotten up in months, and went to the gym. Then I went to Target to get some things for another project I'm working on. They actually had what I needed, which was fantastic because otherwise I would have had to go to Staples and that wasn't happening today. Went home and had breakfast, took a shower, worked on graphics for the project, and was out the door in 45 minutes. Stopped in at the liquor store for a going-away present for a co-worker who was leaving, bought a Metro card, bought cat food on the walk from the subway to work, and still made it to the office 20 minutes early.

Then at work I started working on stuff that had been cluttering my desk for several months. I decided to do my job as it was meant to be done, so a lot of things got filed and some work got caught up that I somehow rarely found time for.

Somewhere in there I got motivated to clean house when I got home. I started with laundry, which included stripping my bed to do the sheets. I had a coaching call while at the laundromat, and also went to pick up a certified letter while there. Came home and made some calls to some old friends, put away some of the laundry and hung up some still-damp items, answered an email from my sister, checked on my guest post progress, posted to the blog, and worked on the other project graphics a bit more. I just now did the dishes (they had piled up all week - I am a packrat after all) and am cooking dinner (a bit late) as I write this.

It feels really good to look back at the day and see how much was accomplished and how easy it all seemed to be. This is the second time recently - maybe since starting the decluttering - that I've been really productive on a given day. It's a new experience for me, and a wonderful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment