Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday

This morning I took another fridge magnet down to the lobby. This was a kind of fun one. It was a Levaquin magnet - I can't think HOW I came by it - and it had dozens of cartoon faces with different expressions, and a box to put around the face that expressed your feelings for the day. The box said "Today I feel..." and then the faces said the expressions: happy, depressed, satisfied, anxious, and so on. I never played with it anymore so I thought the kids in the building might have fun with it.

I have been noticing something really funny lately. In the past month or so, my hair has gotten wavier. I had curly hair as a little girl, then my mom cut it into a pageboy and I wore it straight for years after that. It always held a curl, but it was basically straight. Then when I was 16, I asked a friend to give me the Princess Diana haircut from a diagram I got in a Seventeen magazine. As she was cutting it, she said "Where is all this curl coming from?" My mom then told her of my curly-haired toddler days. Cutting my hair short with layers brought out the wave. Well, my hair was wavy for years after that, till my early 30s I'd guess. Then it got straight again and my then hairdresser said she had seen this happen and it usually didn't go back to curly. Boohoo, but I found a good hairstyle and lived with it. Always had cowlicks, always held a curl well, just wasn't wavy like it had been.

Till now. A hairdresser friend I ran into tonight said it totally could happen. She sees it all the time - says it's hormonal. That totally makes sense due to some supplements I've been taking. I have had more energy and felt more like my 30s self than my 40s self, but who knew wavy hair would be part of it?!

This has nothing to do with clutter, BTW. It's just a digression from the usual. Though one could make a case for changing one's diet in the context of decluttering, and producing a result such as energy or weight loss. Or in my case, pretty hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment