Saturday, February 14, 2009

Stuff I missed this week

I rehung a picture that I had taken down for Christmas because it would have been right behind the tree. I had forgotten about it till I went through the closet looking for yard sale stuff. Then I found it and thought "Doh!" and hung it back up. This might even have been last Saturday.

Then on Tuesday I was looking for some old journal writing I'd done. I have pages of it in a drawer. I started going through them and putting the oldest ones in a binder that was already half-filled with them. Got quite a few pages into the binder and organized most of the rest so they are at least in chronological order. While going through them I read a few here and there and noticed how limited my inner life has become. I felt a sense of loss about that. I've watched my life become more limited in recent years and it bugs me. This life of less and less is not me somehow. Yeah, I need my downtime, but I like being with people too. But more and more it's just work and home and not much else.

So. Just more of the crap underneath the crap, I guess! I have a feeling that I'll be uncovering a lot more as I go. My guess is this is why I've never succeeded at decluttering before. Clutter is a great way of avoiding what's bugging you. The trouble is, it also keeps out the things you really want in life.

Which reminds me, Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment