Monday, November 29, 2010

The Rest of Thanksgiving Week

On Wednesday I totally forgot to take any shreddables to work with me, so none of that got done. I don't think I did much in the way of decluttering when I got home either.

Thursday: I went to Thanksgiving dinner at the home of some friends. It was amazing! Many courses, all delicious, and good company. It was just what I needed :)

Friday: I paid a couple of bills online, and recycled the envelope and inserts for one of them. The other doesn't come in the mail, so nothing to recycle. Also cleaned the catbox. I did a few hours of work (and got paid) and then went out for dinner and a trek to a musical singalong bar! Quite fun!

Saturday: Paid another bill and recycled the envelope. Then did dishes so I could make surprise pies for my friends'/neighbors' annual Thanksgiving get-together. Big party this year, really fun, and delicious food as always! I stayed up soooo late!

Sunday: I did NOTHING all day. Oh wait, I recycled three post-its. But I didn't take a shower or even put my contact lenses on. I watched a couple movies, took a nap during a football game, and went to bed early, where I developed a horrific case of heartburn that kept me awake long enough to make me extremely cranky about having to go to work Monday, haha! That was really weird - I think I've had heartburn once in my life before last night.

Monday: Today I forgot my shreddables again! But this morning I cleaned the catbox, and I did some dishes when I got home. Also weeded out the deadest roses to toss and mixed those that still have life with the alstromeria I got on sale last week. Work turned out to be very productive today - got a lot of loose ends taken care of.

Results: I was really cranky yesterday and today. I forgot how much I need alone time, and evidently when I don't get it it's really hard for me to deal with being crowded on the subway! So I was really irritated with every bump into my elbow, or leg pushing over into my seat. Luckily, my honey came back from Thanksgiving and came over for awhile, and that made me feel better cuz I was really missing him over the weekend.

Despite the cranky mood, I got a lot done at work today - surprising amounts of stuff. Unfortunately much of it was brand-new stuff that just became an issue today, but at least I crossed a couple things off my list, and should have time tomorrow for some others that are much-needed.

I also got a free coffee this morning just because they had to refill the milks! That was at Pret a Manger, a great place to eat - they use organic milk and chemical free meats, and free trade coffee, and the food is really good! They are always doing nice things for me there - it's a great place!

Finally, I am feeling so much happier! I guess if you can't have alone time, the next best thing is time with your sweetheart :) He also brought me some really good beer and dark chocolate that he knows I like.

Time for bed! Tomorrow is another busy day. This time I'm shredding stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment