Monday, October 11, 2010

Sunday, Monday

Thought a little twist on the Mamas & Papas was in order today :)

Sunday's declutter: Had to think about this one. I paid a bill and recycled the envelope. I also recycled another envelope. I felt like I did more but nope. Oh, yes there was, I cleaned the catbox.

Monday's declutter: I did laundry and swept part of the living room. Also swept the hallway and the area just inside my bedroom door. And I'm in the process of making black bean and ham soup. It's really not much soup when I'm done with it - I leave very little liquid. It's GOOOOOD, but I screwed up and starting cooking the soup without first cooking the beans, so had to stop and try to separate the beans from everything else in the soup. Not so easy. It will be interesting to see what I get!

Results: I had a major mood swing from good yesterday to bad today, but then I snapped out of it with this radical thought: What if I could be happy no matter what was happening?

Not really radical since I've read it a hundred times and have thought it before, but when you're in the dumps and it comes into your head, it feels radical. It shocks you out of the dumps and into a hopeful feeling. I felt like a loser today, like a failure at life, and then this thought pops into my head and I remembered that the only reason we go after anything in life is because we think we'll be happier in the accomplishment of it. So if I start with being happy, it takes all the sting away from failure or lack. It was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment