Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wednesday/Thursday

So, I've been slacking on the physical decluttering this week, although I really had the urge to get rid of stuff yesterday while I was coming home from work. Funny how getting home takes the steam out of my radiator.

HOWEVER, I just had a big mental declutter about twenty minutes ago, thanks again to that conversation with my friend on Saturday. I was emailing him to express my views on the subject of my big dreams in life, which we had discussed, and my frustration with the naysaying of said dreams by the people in my life over the years. As I told my friend, the irony is that 15 years ago I was willing to go a different way with my dream - pretty much the opposite of what I want now - and people said I couldn't do that either! Basically, no matter what I wanted, no one supported me. And it hit me all of a sudden that I had been buying in to everyone else's "you can't do that" point of view, instead of just holding fast to what I wanted and focusing all my energy on creating that dream. So now the belief that I can't have what I really want is pretty strong in me. I've been working on changing that belief, and it's been a hard one. If people had just said to me "That's wonderful. Go for it," how different my belief might be now.

As Morty and Shelly Lefkoe teach, once you figure out the source of a belief and realize that it's not THE TRUTH, you can get free of it. I think I just got free - or at least opened a window onto the possibility that my belief might not be true. And that is a HUGE declutter!

No comments:

Post a Comment