Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday

Today's declutter: I recycled a plastic water bottle.

Cleaning: I did a bunch of dishes and then cleaned up the stove, backsplash, AND crockpot. It was grimy work, and HARD, so I didn't do much else in the kitchen right away. I did move the now-clean dish cupboard back into place - had moved it out to get a giant roach the other night. I couldn't believe it - this cupboard is CLEAN, and I'm cleaning up after any food I cut on the cutting board.

After a few hours of watching funny movies this afternoon, I cleaned the toilet, then took out the trash and the recycling, and put new bags in the recycle bin (another declutter!). I swept the entire apartment, beginning with the kitchen. I put away the laundry, changed the sheets, flipped the mattress, pulled out the rug from under the bed and vacuumed it, and made the bed. Then I did another load of dishes to keep things clean in the kitchen! It feels very much cleaner in here - amazing what sweeping can do! Yes, there were a few other things I did, but it's sweeping that always makes it feel really clean.

Oh, yeah, at some point I also threw a bunch of borax behind the backsplash and behind the stove. Roaches don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment