Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday, and New Thoughts

It occurred to me as I looked over my last post that I might be a slob. I certainly am extremely lazy when it comes to cleaning. But the items I threw out border on hoarder territory. Seriously, six-year-old gum? Moldy yogurt? Just have to wonder.

That was the point of this project though: to get me down to the stuff underlying the stuff. So I've hit a standstill of sorts in that nothing big is getting done. There seems to be a level of clutter I'm comfortable with, and when I clear out to that point, I stop. Then it builds up again, and I clear out, and stop. Sometimes I maintain, but there's not much headway beyond that point.

The difference between me and a true hoarder, though, is that I actually CAN throw stuff out past that point of comfortable clutter. I have a choice. It's not emotionally painful for me to get rid of stuff aside from a twinge or two. So why do I not choose to chuck it all? That's the question of the day :)

Today is a sunny day and I seem to feel energized when it's sunny, so there will be much kitchen cleaning and possibly some larger-scale decluttering. Will post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment