Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Time Goes By...

Wow, I knew it had been a few days but I didn't realize it had been almost a week! I'll try to recreate my week.

Thursday: I don't remember what if anything I decluttered. I think I tossed a candy box into the recycle bin at work.

Friday: I balanced the checkbook and recycled the envelope the statement came in. I also got my rent check and recycled the envelope. Oh, and I recycled the packaging from a pair of tights I bought.

Saturday: Gone all day. I don't think I did anything.

Sunday: Gone all day.

Monday: OK, finally got something. I recycled two sale postcards.

Results: I bought an option on Thursday and it moved around so much after that that I was lucky to get out with $32 profit on Monday, after it was up $1.70 from where I got in. A profit is a profit, AND it helps if you don't buy at the high of the day :) When options go sideways they lose value, but they lose it faster when they go down before going up. It takes longer to get back to where you got in. Anyway, this stock is inching upwards every day. I probably need to wait for a better trend or a big up or down day.

But I made a profit, so I can't complain! The percentage return on my investment is about 3.7%, over four days. I don't know, I think making almost 4% in four days is pretty darn good! That's more than you'd get in a bank in a YEAR. The trick is to do it consistently, and that's what I'm working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment