Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday, Monday

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post that I also dusted the TV screen and table.

Well, I got out of a stock option today with less of a loss than I had Friday, but more of a loss than I could have ended up with had I stayed in just a bit longer. Still, it hit my target price, went below, went up, went down, then finally started going up again, so I thought it was time to get out before it went higher again. Oh yeah: It was a put, which goes up in value when the stock goes down. I'm still learning :) I learned some things about it today. It's fun, even when you lose.

Today's declutter: I did the last of the dishes from the roachy cupboard. Among them was a broiler tray that could have been cleaner. Now I know what the attraction was. Anyway, I have a stove with a broiler tray, and I decided I don't need an extra broiler tray. I don't even remember where I got the thing. So it is going down to the lobby this afternoon when I go grocery shopping.

I also straightened up the kitchen table, which was totally piled up and messy. All the lids that used to be in the lid drawer (which has been sitting on the floor for months) were sitting there, along with measuring cups, a stack of menus, plastic wrap and bags, a potholder and towels, and miscellaneous stuff. I was putting last night's dishes away, and came up with the bright idea to put the smaller lids in a great big plastic container, where they can be sealed away and safe from roaches. With those gone, there was room to organize the plastic wrap and bags, the measuring cups, the potholder, the towels, the rest of the lids, and the few remaining items. The menus are the only thing I haven't sorted out yet. The kitchen looks even better than it did after yesterday's cleaning :)

What seems to be true for me is that sunny days motivate me to get things done, whether housework or embroidery. I think I can whittle away at the housework each day for 10 or 15 minutes, and then on sunny days get more done, until it becomes habit to keep things clean and neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment