Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday, and More Friday

Forgot that on Friday I sewed a button back onto my coat while on the subway. I was kinda proud of that - good use of my travel time on a long overdue task. :)

Saturday: I recycled 11 newspapers, did dishes twice, then put away clothes in the bedroom, folded clean sheets and put them away, put away towels and dustrags, and put a couple of clothing items into a bag to be recycled at the Farmers' Market. Then I took out ALL the recycling, put my fans into the closet (they'd been out since summer), and swept the entry after putting the recycling bin back. I took my old toaster and a portable Brita filter cup to the lobby. I tossed two dead plants over the fence into the empty lot. I recycled two more newspapers, put some newspaper clippings away, and put away the remaining clean laundry from LAST WEEKEND. Oh yeah, somewhere in there I cleaned the catbox too. Finally, I repaired a piece of costume jewelry, and recycled a map, two train schedules, and a receipt.

Results: The place is by no means completely decluttered, but it feels much better. The paper clutter feels manageable now with some big stuff out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment