Sunday, July 19, 2009

Saturday/Sunday

Well, big decluttering this weekend.

Saturday: I threw out three envelopes and an old hair scrunchy that was stretched out. However, I also got started on stuff for the thrift store, in going through several drawers and pulling stuff out. I washed some of it that was extra dingy, and the rest went in a bag for today.

Today (Sunday): I took the bag of clothes, along with most of the yard sale stuff that didn't sell, to the thrift store. I got rid of 6 assorted t-shirts/tops, one shirt, four bras and a peignoir set, and a pair of baseball Keds that unfortunately had holes in the toes. I'm hoping they can repair them cuz they're SO cute. Yard sale stuff was: crystal heart container, Harry Potter tie, painted plate, lipstick case, leather change purse, black purse, turquoise pumice castle, tiny glass cup and saucer, oil burner, 2 Robert Jordan books, and the address book and photo holder from a wallet I decided to keep. I also took over a set of well-used jersey sheets and a black wallet that has seen better days.

My drawers feel a little emptier...tomorrow I'm taking over a bunch more stuff before my friends ask for their cart :). AND I'm picking up my painting!

I found something out today about my clutter. I hang on to this stuff (and other things) because I think I will never do better than what I've got. So even if it's broken or I don't wear it or I have three others, I hang on cuz I think this is as good as it gets. It's very freeing to notice that I have this belief. Makes it much easier to let stuff go.

No comments:

Post a Comment