Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Monday - Wednesday

I have been on a decluttering roll! Got rid of big stuff this weekend, put an ad on craigslist to sell my bike and got a lot of interest. The first buyer flaked but there are others lined up. Check it out:

Monday: I didn't make it to the thrift store today. Needed serious downtime. Instead, I took two books down to the lobby. Also picked up my painting from my friend's, and another friend gave/lent me an external hard drive to use to back up my computer so I could update the system. Yay!

Tuesday: Recycled an envelope and an unfolded paper clip. OK, I know that's weak but wait...

Wednesday (today): Wow, I decluttered my MIND today! Spiritual insight, blew my mind, had a great day of what some people call "flow." Good word for it, really. I felt like nothing could touch me, like everything was in its place and happening because I planned it that way. Pretty cool.

Then, I came home and found out the bike buyer was flaking out, sent an email to the first of the other potential buyers, and took that huge bag of mostly my friends' clothes (that I never sold on eBay), plus some old towels I decided I could replace - cuz I CAN do better than that - and a couple of my own clothing items, to the thrift store. I also recycled 7 plastic bags at the grocery store. I now have room in my hall closet! LOTS of room. And I'm ready to let go of a whole lot of baggage too.

No comments:

Post a Comment