Friday, January 21, 2011

Tuesday - Friday

I don't remember what I did for Tuesday's declutter, other than another 15 minutes on Quicken.

But on both Wednesday and Thursday, I shredded 18 pieces of paper at work, for a total of 36 papers. I also took out the garbage and the paper recycling on Thursday. Lastly, I recycled an envelope. And I continued the Quicken both days, and did dishes Wednesday per my goal (every other day).

Today I did laundry! And Quicken. And the dishes are done. :)

Results: I am making money hand over fist. Had a rough start to the week but all the bills are paid and I have put the bulk of the prepaid rent into my savings account to earn interest! I've made a couple of good trades in the past couple weeks, and a couple not as good, though one of those could still turn around before I have to get out.

And today I had a biiiiiggg mental declutter. It's something one would think is obvious, but yet the majority of people live their lives without ever getting this one thing I got today. I realized the insanity of believing that something will never happen just because it hasn't happened yet! And also the belief that because things have happened a certain way in the past, they will always be that way. It is an obvious truth that the past doesn't dictate the future, that anything could happen anytime. And yet so many of us live our lives as though what has gone before DOES determine the future. This creates all kinds of negative beliefs over time. I haven't had a baby yet, and over many years I've developed a very strong belief that it won't happen. But in actuality, it's still possible.

Getting this today gave me a sense of freedom and of power to create whatever I want out of my life. It's probably not going to stick with me very long. But it's a big step toward changing my thinking. Someone once said, "If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." THinking and belief are everything when it comes to having what you want out of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment