Friday, August 20, 2010

Mon - Thurs

I find that I'm spending less time on this than I used to - less time noting what I decluttered, less time thinking about it, and obviously less time posting. It may be time to make this a weekly thing since the daily isn't happening anymore. But we'll see.

On Monday I paid three bills and recycled the envelopes and inserts. During the rest of the week, I paid another bill and recycled the envelope, and recycled two or three newspapers. Oh, and I might have recycled a spare price list for my herbs. Unless that was last week.

Results: OK, this is interesting. Most of my decluttering this week has been mental, in that I've been focused on making sure I feel good about various subjects and in general. On Tuesday I got paid a balance due to me for work, which I didn't expect. And work went really well - my boss was on top of things and communicating with me, and I got a lot done. This was one of the subjects I was focusing on.

Then yesterday I received the last of the late checks. I also ensured that I would get paid for work around the first. The only thing outstanding now is the money from my neighbor, which he's said he'll give me as soon as he gets it - seems to be taking a long time but maybe I'm wrong about that. Anyway, it's amazing how fast it all cleared up when I took a positive view of the situation. The last two weeks were difficult for me emotionally, but once I got that out of my headspace, things just turned around. So I'm going to continue the mental decluttering along with the physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment