Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What IS that? Sat - Mon., end of August

On Saturday I continued decluttering by throwing some baking soda and vinegar down my bathroom sink. It was draining very slowly. Unfortunately this only jammed it up worse, so I had to take apart the plumbing and dig out the muck. Pretty gross, but I got it cleared. Then I tried the kitchen sink.

It also clogged completely, so on Sunday, I took that plumbing apart. The sludge I dug out of there was like nothing I've ever seen. I can't describe it. It had to be grease and other stuff, but for the life of me I can't figure out how so much grease could get down that drain. I haven't changed my eating habits a lot in the last year, but the sink is regularly clogging up where before it used to drain fairly well most of the time. Two pipes were completely full of whitish sludge. I had to throw it down the toilet, and I was afraid it would clog that.

I also got rid of two partially used bottles of Amway stuff, and a partially used bottle of pet stain remover. My cat doesn't leave stains cuz I have hardwood floors! :)

On Monday I think I tossed an envelope from some piece of mail.

So much letting go and shifting around right now that I'm freaking out. Also feeling sad, like life is passing me by. All the important things in life, at any rate. Fall weather tends to make me see that, whatya know, I'm still in the same rut I was in a year ago, and the year before that. It's a bit of a downer. But this, too, shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment