Sunday, September 13, 2009

Saturday the 12th

On Saturday I took a velveteen jewelry pouch down to the lobby. My mom had given me some earrings in it for my birthday, but the pouch had dirt stains. So after an unsuccessful attempt to clean it, I took it down.

Results: I had the best thing happen just now. People can be really kind sometimes. I got my cell phone bill, and I had gone over my minutes for the first time ever. The bill was huge, $97 higher than normal. I was like, how can I pay this?

I decided to call AT&T and ask if they could help at all. I called and told them I was throwing myself on their mercy. I said I'd never gone over my minutes, I'm unemployed, I didn't know 800 #s were charged airtime although I've now seen it's in my contract, and I asked if there was anything they could do to help me.

The rep, Arlene, took a few minutes to look over my account. She saw that I had never gone over my minutes and usually didn't use that many. And she removed the entire overage for me, which put my bill back to normal. I almost cried, I was so touched by the kindness she showed me.

So remember: It never hurts to ask! Thank you Arlene, and thanks AT&T for hiring her!

No comments:

Post a Comment