Saturday, September 26, 2009

Thursday/Friday

Thursday: I recycled a jar. I'd been using it for salad dressing but the thing just leaked or something. It was always greasy on the outside. I originally got it at the farmer's market - it was canned veggies. Makes me wonder how good the seal could have been on it. I also threw away a pair of pantyhose after wearing them and putting big holes in the toes. WHY doesn't anyone sell reinforced toe pantyhose anymore? I guess I could find them online and stock up ahead of time...

Friday: I don't think I actually decluttered anything today. Oh, wait, yes I did. Inadvertently and with much annoyance. I had to throw out my snap beans, which grew mold overnight somehow. Threw out the remaining lettuce I had as well, and some old grapes that were going bad.

I was actually going to eat the beans and lettuce, so I'm feeling like tossing them doesn't exactly count. Never thought that before.

Results: Wow, I worked most of the week! Made a lot of money and will be working again next week. I really like the new people I'm working with and for. It's so nice to be appreciated. I'm doing what I do best: catching up a backlog. There's a bit of cleanup involved too, also my specialty. It's fun! I could do it all day every day and be happy as a clam.

Hmmm. Reminds me of what Raymond Aaron says about doing only what you love. I guess I love doing cleanup bookkeeping! And I don't love having a title but no authority, or being given too much responsibility. I'm not ambitious, I don't need a position of power, I just want to do what I do best in a friendly and appreciative environment. So hooray! I get to do that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment