Monday, August 17, 2009

The Weekend

Saturday's Declutter: I paid a couple of bills and recycled the envelopes and inserts.

Sunday's Declutter: The roach problem is not quite resolved, though it's better since the rain has let up. I recycled a bunch of aluminum foil that I was going to reuse, that was in a newly-infested drawer. Yuck.

I read that catnip or bay leaves are good natural roach repellents. Tried catnip. Didn't work. I've now bought bay leaves and will scatter liberally in my silverware drawer as I give another shot to putting my kitchen back together. I think I'll crush them so the odor is nice and strong. This time I'm only putting the silverware organizer and a few spoons and knives back in, so that if they come back I won't have to wash every single utensil I own again.

No comments:

Post a Comment