Saturday, August 15, 2009

This Week

Well. I seem to have fallen off the rails with the decluttering this week. I've done some, but not kept track, with the result that this post will be somewhat thin.

I forgot that last Friday I tossed three pairs of pantyhose. They seem to wear out faster than they used to. Maybe that's cuz you can't find reinforced toes in NYC. Stupid city. Supposed to be able to find anything here, and I can't find a damn pair of regular pantyhose with reinforced toes. What the heck?

So I don't remember what I did Sunday, other than grocery shopping. Probably tossed a receipt or envelope or something. Oh, I remember, I watched a movie that I had picked up in the lobby a few days earlier, and when I was done, I took it back to the lobby.

Monday I went to a friend's house and watched a trading class. I'm learning about strategies for the stock market, mostly using options. It was good and we spent a nice day together. I don't think I decluttered anything.

Tuesday I got rid of another pair or two of pantyhose. I keep finding more pairs, so I try them on for holes, and usually pitch 'em. I had to buy a pair that morning to go with my heels.

Wednesday: I recycled of a tiny piece of paper that came in something I bought. And then I found a couple more papers to recycle for good measure. I did lots of laundry too, a load before work and one after.

Thursday: I tossed an envelope and insert from a bill I paid online. Also tossed a defunct UPS deposit envelope from a bank that is also defunct. And I inadvertently decluttered my umbrella by leaving it at a party. I'm hoping someone found it and will get the email I sent out about it. But I got it free in the first place - brand-new umbrella just tossed on the street because it got blown inside out. Easy come, easy go!

Friday: Shredded an ancient deposit slip from the defunct bank.

Results: I went out all week! Tuesday night I went to a friend's fashion show. She sells gorgeous clothes from a company called CAbi. They are designed by a woman who knows how to design for women! So the stuff looks great on everyone no matter what size. Anyway, my friend had her samples from spring on sale half-off. There was a gorgeous jacket I had wanted back in the spring, and she had it in my size, so I got it. I wore it a lot this week too, but no one even commented on it, which I found surprising cuz it's SO flattering and pretty. But I guess people had other things on their minds!

I also went to an after-work get-together given by a friend of a friend. All the people there worked in a specific area of my industry, and everyone was so nice. One of the guys was sending another woman home in a stretch limo as I went to them to say goodbye, and he insisted on giving me a ride too! It was something! I lost my umbrella, but my goodness, was I ever spoiled!

Finally, last night I had my second date with that sweetie from last week. We went dancing and oh, my! It was fun, he's a doll, and I'm swooning!

I'll do better this week with posting and staying on top of the declutter. I guess I couldn't expect to keep it up forever, but I'm a little disappointed in myself all the same. So I'll get back on the horse and keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment