Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sunday - Tuesday

Sunday's Declutter: I threw out about five Ziploc bags. My kitchen is overrun with roaches due to the tons of rain we've had, and I didn't feel like rewashing a bunch of plastic bags.

Monday's Declutter: I paid five bills and recycled the envelopes and inserts.

Tuesday's Declutter: Recycled or shredded three warranties/instruction papers regarding an item I no longer own.

Results: WELL! On Monday as I went to the grocery store, I passed my local Conway, which had $2 clearance items on a rack outside. How could I not stop and look? I bought a $2 summer dress, perfect for running around on my day off and cute enough to wear out, and a $2 grey tank top perfect for working out at the gym - which I'm back to doing.

Then I saw some $5 pedal pushers and some $3 sleeveless shirts. I tried on the pedal pushers in the line. They seemed to fit but when I got them home they were too large in the waist (story of my life). But the sleeveless shirts, which I actually looked at after going to the grocery store, were PERFECT for work. I got four, two white, one ivory, and one that perfect blue that women's office work shirts so often come in. They are a perfect fit - I did NOT expect that in a $3 shirt! And they will work well in the office and just hanging around. I will try to take the pants back as they really are a poor fit. Should have guessed that pants in size SMALL would not be a good buy. Still, for $5 it's not bad. I'm thrilled with my new, very inexpensive, clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment