Sunday, May 3, 2009

Saturday Yard Sale

Wow! It looked like Saturday morning so my neighbor and I waited a couple hours to see what the weather would do. He invited me over for breakfast and it did rain while I was there. Then the sun came out, so we went ahead and set stuff up. While I was getting my stuff, my next-door neighbor in my building came in and asked what was up. I told him about the sale and said he could join us. He said he didn't want to sit out all day, but had some stuff to get rid of which he'd give me if I wanted to sell it.

He drove my stuff down to my neighbor's along with his, and said I could keep whatever I got for it. Well, one of the items was an older girl's bike - looks like a Schwinn. I have been wanting a bike and decided to keep it. He had a bunch of baskets and an old suitcase too.

Well. We didn't get started till 2 and it was awhile before things started to happen, but between 4 and 6 things were really hoppin'. I sold six items, including the suitcase and one of the baskets, and made $21! I was soooo happy. I got some of my non-movers out finally, and made more than I would have asked by asking the people to make offers. My neighbor wasn't doing so well at first, but by the last hour he was making money. So it was a very good day!

Oh, yeah, I also left a pair of Warner Bros. cufflinks in the lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment