Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thursday - Sunday

First an addition to Tuesday: I recycled pages of staging from the last opera I was in, and an application for some program I'm not eligible for.

Thursday: I paid three bills and recycled the envelopes and inserts. And I took an overdue book back to the library.

Friday: I worked! So don't remember the declutter - probably recycled a newspaper or something. I did take out the garbage and some of the recycling though.

Saturday: I paid another bill and recycled the envelope. Also finalized my taxes. I am going to pay a little now and pay the balance off in the next four months, which is cheaper than putting them on credit cards. BTW, did you know that you can deduct the fees for those credit card tax payments, if you itemize? I just found it out as I was doing this yesterday!

Today: I have not decluttered anything today.

Results: I no sooner decided I didn't have time for a two-day-a-week job when I got called on a one-day-a-week job! And next week I'm going back in to the job I worked Friday! It looks very much like I will have money at the end of my month, for the first time in awhile! This is a good feeling after so much time of minimal employment - I enjoyed the time off but it will be good to be able to pay down some bills and do a little saving.

Today I went to a friend's recital and was just so pleased with the songs she sang - it took me back to my college days when I was required to attend concerts and write reports as part of my voice class. She has a lovely voice and did well with the songs she chose. I have sung one of them myself but the others were all new to me. I loved her French set so much I want to learn the songs - French art songs are sort of my thing. They suit my voice and my personality very well and I have thought often about doing a recital of them for my friends. I'm thinking about it again now :)

OH! I also get to audition to cover the role I coveted in my next opera! This is good because if I don't get it, I'll know that I wasn't the best and I'll have someone to give me feedback on what to work on. I found out Friday and have spent the last couple days learning the song - I already knew parts of it, but I am kind of impressed that I'm learning it in four days (the audition is Tuesday). If I can also make it sound good in that time, I'll really be impressed - with my TRAINING, haha!

Finally, when I got home from the recital today I discovered the chicken I had just bought was going bad - this despite my numerous complaints to the store about their expiration windows being far too long. So I called the store team leader (that's the equivalent of a manager) and told him about it, and he not only promised some action on it but also said in addition to my refund he would give me a gift card! I'm tellin' ya, it pays to voice your opinions about things!

No comments:

Post a Comment